Auto World Imports Network Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
This updated accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Auto World Imports Network has put in place and will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Auto World Imports Network is putting in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Auto World Imports is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Auto World Imports Network is committed to providing both customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Auto World Imports Network provides training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Auto World Imports Network will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015:
- Provide training to all current employees via scheduled group sessions and/or online training.
- Incorporate this training into the orientation process for all new employees
Auto World Imports Network is committed to incorporating accessibility features for people with disabilities.
Information and Communications
Auto World Imports Network is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
In accordance with the requirements established in the IAS, Auto World Imports Network will:
a) Ensure new Internet, Intranet websites and web content on those sites will comply with the WCAG 2.0 Level A by January 01, 2014; and
b) Ensure all Internet, Intranet and web content will comply with the WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 01, 2021
Auto World Imports Network will ensure feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Feedback form available upon request and can be submitted in person, by fax or by email
- Feedback form will be provided upon request in large print
Auto World Imports Network is committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to employees with disabilities throughout the employment relationship by January 1, 2016:
- Notify employees and public about the availability of accommodation(s) for applicants during the recruitment process
- Notify applicants who have been invited to participate in a recruitment, assessment or selection process that accommodations are available
- Providing accessible formats and/or communication supports to employees, upon request;
- Consulting with employees to determine the suitability of an accessible format and/or communication support;
- Developing and documents individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities;
- Developing return to work processes for employees who have been absent from work due to disability, and require reasonable accommodations to return to work; and
- Considering the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities, and any individual accommodation plans, throughout the performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment processes.
- Informing employees of its policies for supporting employees with disabilities (including policies for accommodating employees with disabilities) as soon as practicable after commencing employment;
- Notifying employees of any changes to existing policies for supporting employees with disabilities
Auto World Imports Network is taking the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Managers will be informed about accessibility-related recruitment activities through information available from the Human Resources Department
- Managers and employees will discuss workplace accommodation needs
- Continue to integrate “welcoming customers with disabilities segment of the orientation for new employees.”
- Will continue to work with managers to identity opportunities and address areas that require accessibility improvement (for both employees and customers)
Design of Public Spaces
Auto World Imports Network will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces as per the building code when building or making major modifications to public spaces January 1, 2017.
Auto World Imports Network will put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
- In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Human Resources at:
- Phone: 905-886-0088 ext. 10329
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: April 1, 2021Download PDF