How would you like to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 15 luxury automobile dealerships in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as we own 3 state of the art collision centres.
Our company values customers and employees and has invested in principles for success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standard.
Due to our continued growth, North York Kia is looking for a 2nd Year Apprentice Technician to join our amazing team!
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
The Apprentice Technician works on routine maintenance jobs and repairs vehicles under the supervision of a Licensed Technician.
- Perform services based on general maintenance and minor repairs.
- Perform the tasks described in the repair orders efficiently and accurately.
- Contact the Shop Foreman and/or Service Consultants if additional work is required.
- Use appropriate tools, test equipment, and report defective or poorly functioning equipment to management.
- Obtain required parts from the Parts Department.
- Return parts to Parts Department as required.
- Maintain and develop skill levels in repair and service of vehicles.
- Remain informed on Federal and Provincial Regulations and Municipal bylaws.This may include laws governing the removal of hazardous waste, etc.; understand and observe all regulations and bylaws.
- Ensure that the shop is clean and tidy.
- Perform other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions. For example, shuttle driver duties, valet parking, assist the Sales Lot Attendants as needed.
- Registration with the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Ontario College of Trades membership.
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Knowledge and use of power, machine and hand tools.
- Ability to work independently or as a team, managing his or her time and work flow.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).