Due to our continued growth, Acura Downtown is looking for a reliable Full Time Experienced Detailer to join our team! Automotive professionals, how would you like an opportunity to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well-respected auto groups? Join AWIN!
Headquartered in Toronto, ON, we are a premier automotive network of 14 luxury automobile dealerships in the GTA and 3 states of the art collision centers. Our company has invested in principles for success that value customers and employees; success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
We offer a competitive compensation plan, group benefits package, RRSP Contribution plan and an opportunity to rapidly move forward within the group.
The Automotive Detailer is responsible for washing, cleaning, polishing and performing general upkeep on new and previously owned vehicles interior and exterior to ensure they are clean and presentable for customers. S/he will apply the appropriate aesthetic treatments to prepare new and previously owned vehicles for delivery. This position also provides general assistance at the dealership including, driving and parking vehicles, assist co-workers, and assist with cleaning the dealership lot.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general vehicle detailing activities, including: vacuum, shampoo, deodorize, wash and wax using appropriate cleaners, applicators and cleaning equipment.
- Clean vehicles interior which includes: the upholstery, apply leather and vinyl revitalizing and preservation products, remove and clean floor mats, apply stain guard.
- Buff vehicles exterior with non-abrasive products.
- Wet sand vehicle exterior.
- Clean engine and engine compartments with pressurized cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds/solutions according to formulas.
- Apply touch-up paint to minimal disfigurations on vehicles body surface.
- Remove scratches.
- Clean and polish wheels and rims.
- Use cloths, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces of vehicles.
- Notify supervisor when you notice parts of the vehicle that may require repair or replacement.
- Perform other tasks based on management requirements and instructions.
- 2-4 years of experience detailing vehicles.
- Experience with use of chemicals, appropriate aesthetic treatments, hand and power tools and other machinery required for the job.
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgment
- Operating equipment
- Ethics and integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Energy and stress management
- Problem Solving
- Physically demanding position
- Stand six to eight hours per day
- Exposed to outdoor environment, noise, vibrations, dust, exhaust fumes, and a variety of other hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Bending, stretching, lifting, climbing and reaching
- Walking the dealership and the lots
- Using physical and manual dexterity
- Using equipment consistent with industry standard
- Driving a vehicle
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).