How would you like to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 16 luxury automobile dealerships in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as we own 3 state of the art collision centres.
Our company values customers and employees and has invested in principles for success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standard.
Due to our continued growth, our Volkswagen Downtown Toronto, luxury dealership is looking for an experienced Service Consultant to join our amazing team!
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Boot and tool allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
The Service Consultant sells and schedules needed service work in the service department. The position deals with the customer needs relating to the service or repair of their vehicle while ensuring each customer is treated as an individual with the utmost care and respect. The Service Consultant must be mindful of shop loading and act on value-added opportunities.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Ensure that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern and according to dealership’s guidelines.
- Take initiative to exceed customer satisfaction even if it requires overcoming obstacles.
- Greet and accommodates walk-in customers promptly; provides timely, friendly professional service.
- Provide excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, asking questions to identify service needs, resolving customer concerns and sells additional services when appropriate.
- Maintain an effective appointment system to verify customer problems, recommend/sell additional services, and properly and accurately communicate customer concerns.
- Answer all telephone calls promptly, courteously, and makes every effort to satisfy the caller’s inquiry; assists in diagnosing vehicle problems.
- Estimate cost and completion time/settles customer accounts.
- Consult with the Technician or manager to ensure that the specifications of the work to be carried out are accurately conveyed to the customer.
- Communicate with customer about status of work; discuss vehicle work with the customer; explain completed work and all charges to the customer.
- Keeps the customer abreast of estimates and communicates with the Department Manager on warranty decisions.
- Advise the customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Test drive the vehicle with the customer as needed to confirm the problem and refers to test Technician.
- Looks into customer history; inspects vehicle and recommends additional needed service.
- Check on progress of repair throughout the day; contacts customers regarding any changes in estimates on promised times, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Obtain customer’s written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write-up or when closing additional add-on sales.
- Obtain customer’s signature on repair orders and provides customers with a copy.
- Inspect every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
- Review the invoice details with the customer.
- Eliminate surprises for customer by reviewing service repairs and their associated charges to ensure accuracy.
- Promptly addresses and resolves customer viewpoint and service follow-up issues.
- Organize the logistics of customer service vehicles and insurance for the customer.
- Call all customers after the work to ensure satisfaction.
- Understand the customer service measurements within the brand network.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Provide required work to the shop using correct labour and completion times.
- Promote accessories sales.
- Ensure invoice is paid promptly.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean.
- Performs other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions.
Integrate Experience with Business Strategy
- Establish knowledge base of automotive industry competition.
- Maintain an awareness of and complies with safety regulations and hazardous waste disposal.
- Utilizes basic technical knowledge to develop potential cause of problems.
- Suggest additional services that the service department offers.
- Explain technical information about repairs to customers.
- Remains up-to-date on all information pertinent (e.g., dealership policies and procedures) to the Service Consultant position; acquires necessary training as required.
- College Diploma or University Degree.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of CDK and/or Reynolds software systems and MS Office Suite.
- Good numeracy skills, and sound analyzing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills: both written and verbal.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).
If the above describes you then don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding company such as the AWIN Group of Dealerships, please complete the form below.