How would you like to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 15 luxury automobile dealerships in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as we own 3 state of the art collision centres.
Our company values customers and employees and has invested in principles for success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standard.
Due to our continued growth, our Audi Downtown Toronto, luxury dealership is looking for a Service Lot Attendant to join our amazing team!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Boot and tool allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
The Lot Attendant assists in the service department. This position maintains the cleanliness and organization of the service department and service lot. Responsibilities also include the safe transportation of all dealership/customer vehicles.
- Organize vehicles in service parking lot.
- Inspect vehicles for damage and verify accessories listed on the invoice.
- Safely transport clients to and from destinations with dealerships shuttle as requested.
- Help prepare vehicles for delivery and pick up/wash vehicles.
- Catalogue and store keys.
- Perform daily inspection of lot for unlocked vehicles and lot security.
- Ensure the lot is arranged, organized and free from litter and debris.
- Maintain walkway accessibility in increment weather.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manual transmission driving experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Good judgement.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).