How would you like to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 14 luxury automobile dealerships in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as we own 3 state of the art collision centres.
BMW Autohaus, luxury dealership is looking for Service Manager to join our amazing team!
This Service Manager is responsible for managing the Service department of the dealership. This includes directing the shop, front desk and all related positions in order to achieve a constant revenue stream for the facility.
- Prepare and recommend annual business objectives for the after-sales area to the General Manager.
- Prepare and manage operating budgets.
- Design, recommend and implement various programs and promotions to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Maintain various reporting systems as required by the General Manager and the manufacturer.
- Maintain up-to-date information on new equipment and tools that would potentially add revenue to the department, and improve its efficiency.
- Ensure that the shop is operating at an efficient and safe level in order to satisfy customers, reduce returns to the shop and keep it as injury free as possible.
- Ensure that technicians are always trained with the latest manufacturer technologies.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge bank of federal and provincial regulations and municipal bylaws such as those concerning the removal of hazardous waste, etc.
- Ensure that compliance with manufacturer’s warranty policies and requirements is always observed.
- Work closely with other dealership department managers; e.g., Parts, Sales, to ensure the profitability of the entire dealership is maintained.
- Attend regular dealership meetings run by the General Manager.
- Hire, train and motivate department employees, while encouraging their professional growth. Perform annual employee performance evaluations.
- Hold regular staff meetings; e.g., Technicians.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relations in order to maintain a strong customer base.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a management capacity.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces, both Sales and Service Department.
- Ability to conduct presentations and maintain audience engagement.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners and clients.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits and other events.
- High level of proficiency with dealership software (CDK or Reynolds) is an asset.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the automotive industry.
- Minimum of three years of management experience in the automotive industry.
- Proven ability to influence change and effectively lead projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with CDK and Reynolds systems; ability to operate PC-based software, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract.
- Automotive Technician’s License is an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).