How would you like to work with one of Canada’s most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 14 luxury automobile dealerships as well as 3 state of the art collision centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our company values customers and employees and is invested in principles for success. We value doing business with integrity and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Due to our continued growth, our Mercedes-Benz Oakville Service Department is looking for a Shop Helper to join our amazing team!
As a Shop Helper, you will hone your customer service and driving skills.
This position is a great way to get into the Automotive industry.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
Job Type / Category
The Shop Helper maintains the cleanliness of the workshop and aids in performing all other general tasks. Any hazards must be taken care of or removed if possible. If not, issues are to be reported to the Service Manager or a Technician Team Leader member. This Shop Helper is responsible for supporting the overall operations of the department in multiple capacities and as directed by management.
- Cleaning the workshop and drive thru several times a day.
- Cleaning toolboxes, workshop tools and the tool room.
- Keeping track of speciality tools and organizing the tool room.
- Snow removal, salting, and organizing the lot when assistance is required.
- Assist with general housekeeping of both interior and exterior of facility on a daily basis
- Report any outstanding issues to management or senior staff member.
- Ensure the shop area is always kept clean, tidy, organized and free from hazards.
- Assist with other shop related tasks as needed.
- Perform additional duties as directed by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Good judgement
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Customer focus
- Keen attention to detail.
- Quality orientation
- Time management
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgment
- Operating equipment
- Ethics and integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Energy and stress management
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Physical and Work Demands
- Physically demanding position.
- Stand six to eight hours per day.
- Exposed to outdoor environment, noise, vibrations, dust, exhaust fumes, and a variety of other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Bending, stretching, lifting, climbing and reaching.
- Walking about the dealership and the lots
- Using physical and manual dexterity.
- Using equipment consistent with industry standard
- Driving a vehicle
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).